21 Nov 2019
With cold weather closing in on much of the country, the holiday season is the perfect time to visit Madeira Beach! With daytime temperatures averaging in the 70s, you’ll ring in the holiday season having plenty of fun in the Florida sun. Madeira Beach has a lot going on during the holiday season to ensure your trip is an exciting one. The top 7 holiday events near Madeira Beach include:
1. Enchant Christmas – From November 22nd until December 29th, Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg hosts Enchant Christmas. This complete Christmas wonderland features a maze, a Christmas market, seasonal treats and drinks, ice skating, live music, and more. This ticketed event is fun for the entire family!
2. Busch Garden Christmas Town – Voted by USA Today as one of the best theme park holiday events, Busch Gardens Christmas Town runs from November 16th through January 6th and is included with theme park admission. The Christmas Town has special visits from Santa, a sing along train, thousands of lights, and holiday themed shows!
3. Festival of Lights Boat Parade – On Saturday, December 14th, watch the boats float by beginning at ROC Park and ending at Johns Pass Village. Local Captains deck out their boats in lights and décor, and show off their stuff for a panel of judges with prizes awarded on December 18th at a special awards ceremony.
4. Holiday Lights in the Gardens – Enjoy a stroll through the Largo Botanical Gardens as you take in the thousands of holiday lights surrounding you. From November 29th through January 4th, this family friendly event features visits from Santa, holiday gift shopping, and loads of family fun.
5. There's Snow Place like Tarpon Springs – On Friday, December 6th from 5 until 10pm, bring the family to north Pinellas for one of the largest Christmas celebrations of the year. A free event, your family will enjoy a tree lighting ceremony, carriage and hayrides, snow play area, balloon artists, DJs playing Christmas music, food, retail vendors, and more.
6. Holiday Maker’s Market – From 11am to 3pm, the Holiday Maker’s Market is the perfect place to find those gifts for the family members and friends who have everything! Shop with over 30 indie makers right here in Madeira Beach. Not just for shopping, the event features a photo wall, DJ, beer and wine bar, and plenty of holiday themed fun.
7. Annual St. Petersburg Holiday of the Arts – At Williams Park on December 14th and 15th, experience the very best art by the very best area artists at the 6th annual St. Petersburg Holiday of the Arts! The event showcases original works by over 100 artists from Florida and across the United States, featuring works in jewelry, sculpture, photography, metalwork, and so much more. The market and festival is open from 10am until 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
There’s no wrong time of year to visit Madeira Beach, but we like to think that the holiday season is a particularly magical one. With events to be enjoyed all throughout the holiday season, there is always something family friendly to do to give you that real Florida Christmas feeling. Whether you’re looking to shop, to take in the lights, or to enjoy some Christmas music and community camaraderie, Madeira Beach is sure to give you a holiday experience you’ll never forget.
It’s never too late to get away for the holiday season, and Madeira Beach is always here to welcome you to our little slice of paradise. We can’t wait to see you this year at one of our many local holiday themed events!